Calmer 'n you are.

Monday, March 29, 2004

Comcast Merger

I'm going to merge my foot with their ass.

Here's the deal. At my place, I have 4 receivers (2 Digital, 2 Analog...the maximum at one residence) and the "Silver Package" (All extended Channels plus HBO and Starz) for $128 a month. Well, with all the cable that I have on my house (~200 feet of coax) and all the splitters (3 @ 8db of loss per split) I can't get all my channels when it's warm outside. I've had Comcast out 3 or 4 times to try to fix it and they tell me it's impossible for the reasons I previously described. I also cannot get another cable box for my bedroom because 4 receivers is the maximum per residence.BUT I really like my Internet service from them. They just upgraded me to 3Mbit and it's been super stable. There's the dilemma.

Here's my solution. I'm contacting Comcast to find out how low I can go on my cable plan to retain internet access (I'm hoping it's ~$40-50), then I'm going to get DirecTV with 4 receivers, a 35 Hour 2 Tuner TiVo unit, and all the channels I have now for $76 a month.

In the end, I will have both reliable Internet service (while retaining my email addresses) and TV service WITH a 2 Tuner TiVo, AND another room's worth of service for the same monthly as I'm paying right now. How fantastic is that?

Fan-fucking-tastic is what that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home