Killer Apps
Here are some killer apps I've found to be badassical in nature.
DesktopSidebar- It's for Windows and it displays all the info you'd ever need to see. I have it aggregating my favorite RSS news feeds as well as the weather and some important system statistics. On my home machine I even have it running through a slideshow of our pictures.
Firefox- Download Firefox. Best windows browser ever. I used to use Opera quite a bit. It had problems with PHP websites, so I switched.
GAIM - Better than AIM. Lightweight, full featured and works on multiple platforms.
Crap, I forgot where I downloaded the others, so here's a list:
ABC - Yet Another Bitorrent Client: I had to download a 475mb file using BT the other day and used this client. I was pulling 1.8MB/s at work. Fantastic.
Abilon - its another RSS Aggregator- perfect for reading all the news you'd want.
Picasa - It's like iPhoto for Winders.
Then of course there's all the anti-adware software, Adaware SE Personal, Spybot S&D, Spy Sweeper. Run 'em all if you use IE with any regularity.
I'll post more when I think of them.



1 Comments:
Good list. I learned the hard way about the ad/malware protection.
: (
Firefox RULES! (Now if it would only display all the sites I like properly...) But I love the tabbed browsing!
By
Sister Sunshine, at September 14, 2004 at 1:59 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home