Calmer 'n you are.

Wednesday, September 25, 2002

"Son, all I've ever asked of my marines is that they obey my orders as they would the word of God. We are here to help the Vietnamese, because inside every gook there is an American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over." - Some Colonel in Full Metal Jacket

So I've been working on this software project for the last 3 weeks. Trying to un-fuck it. Word came down from the vendor that we need faster machines to run this package. Its great that they're telling us this now. I've been trying to put bandaids on these headshot soldiers for the past fucking month. "Minuimum hardware requirements" my ass. We asked those fucks that exact question a few months ago, before we even started installing. They swore up and down their program would run on the average P3-500 w/ 128mb ram. Well, now their tune has changed. So, we ordered 60 brand new machines. P4- 1.8s with 512mb ram. Big bastard machines. They fly.

While I think it's cool that we're getting new machines for the users (a lot of them needed replacement anyways), I can't get over the fact that the software vendor all of the sudden changed their tune. Ah well, if grandma had balls she'd be grandpa I guess.

Anyhoo, everyone in my group has been building machines all day. I'm the only one building more than one at once. Being that I just installed 12 brand new machines, with this software package, I guess I have more of a handle for it than the rest of the guys, but it appears as though I will have done as many as the rest of my coworkers put together.

Same shit tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home