Calmer 'n you are.

Monday, April 19, 2004

Fuckin wiring.

The LAN at work went crazy again for the second time. People couldn't get IP's from either of my 2 DHCP servers. They couldn't access shit. I checked everything, bounced 2 switches and everything was fine from then on.

My boss and I have come to the conclusion that the wiring in this building is sooooooo FUCKED, that we'll never be able to get full efficiency from it. Too many bundles of cables just machete'd and resulting dead patch panel ports for us to go through and weed out. I'd say we have probably 250 ports on our panels that are dead, just cause when the folks wanted to remodel, they axed the bundles and didn't tell us until they needed new jacks in the walls, at which time, we called our cable guys out and had them drop $6000 worth of jacks and runs into the walls.

Fuckasses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home