Goldmember: Shmoke and a pancake? Waffle and a shigar? Crepe and a pipe? Bong and a blintz? No? Ok.
Yeah, so tomorrow marks the day, a quarter century ago, that my mother ejected me like a 6 lb lump of quivering, shivering, baby goo. In fact she's bugging me today about what I want. The truth is, I really don't expect anything. I buy everything that I want so it's hard to think of a gift for me. Same goes for Christmas. Ah well. I think I might just tell her that I could use some bedsheets or something. Maybe a new desk. I dunno.
Anyhoo, I gotta work all weekend this weekend. It should be cool though. We'll be hanging out at the Four Seasons, fixing laptops, drinking, watching DVD's and playing Playstation 2. I might even try to install Warcraft 3 on the laptop again, so we can have some mini-jihad action in the hotel room. That would be badass. It should go well. As long as the "users" drop of their shit and pick up their shit in a timely fashion. To aid us this weekend, I built a "portable server". It's pretty cool. I took this 1.2Ghz P3 Laptop that I keep at my desk as a backup and loaded it with Windows 2000 Server, with a bunch of necessary software and services that we could use. I put them all on a website on the "server", so we don't even need to map drives, or mount shares. The boss was impressed.
Time to get back to "work". It's been a tad slow the last 2 days as we're waiting for 60 more PC's to come in. Hopefully in 2 weeks or so, we can finally finish our network out and forget about it.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home