Calmer 'n you are.

Sunday, August 25, 2002

Gail Stanwyck: Look at her would you look at her. She looks like a hooker. Could you love someone who looked like that?
Fletch: What are you talking about? Of course not! Five, ten minutes tops, maybe.



Yeah, so yesterday was cool. Got new tires on the car, got the car washed. Then Phil and I went to Frys and looked at the toy's we'd buy right now if we weren't disciplined enough to not use our credit cards. Then we went to a bar where our friend was working the door. They had about 30 Harley's out front and some classic cars. They were sweet. This one old guy was there and he had a 30's Ford Sedan with 289 and a Jag rear end. It was fuckin sweet.

After all that excitement, I just went home and chilled. Then this morning I get a page from work. I need to reboot a server that, until now, I was unaware was in production (for those not in "the biz", "production" means being used for critical business functions). And since I built the fucker, I like to know when I need to start supporting the functions that run on them. ESPECIALLY when I get paged at 8 in the fucking morning on a sunday when I planned on sleeping in. Anyhoo, I then called my manager, and asked when the fuck this server went into production. He said that its news to him as well and that they probably started using it friday. He then asked me if I made the script changes for monday. I said, "No because 'so-n-so' never told me which server to point the new script at." He told me which server that it probably was and asked me if I had to go in to do the changes. I promptly said, "Fuck no, I'm not a fucking retard like those assholes, I can do my job from home if need be." He cracked up at that sentiment.

That's how my sunday morning went. I finished all my shit by 9:30 and went back to sleep for another hour. I can't wait until tomorrow. I'm going to walk into that fucking asshat's office and ask him which server the new script needs to refer to and watch him piss and shit his pants as he remembers that he needed to send those changes to me on friday so the users log on to the right database. After the poor sap's soiled his office chair, I shall say, "Ah well, don't sweat it. I fixed that shit sunday morning when your OTHER PROJECT took a shit." This fucker will learn, oh yes, he will learn.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home