Calmer 'n you are.

Monday, October 07, 2002

You might recognize this song as performed by Jefferson Airplane, in a little rockumentary called "Gimme Shelter," about the Rolling Stones and their nightmare at Altamont. That night the Oakland chapter of the Hell's Angels had their way. Tonight, it's my turn. -Chip Douglas, The Cable Guy

So I spent most of the weekend at the hotel, workin', chillin', sleepin'...then I went home after the Sopranos were over. Good fuckin' thing too, cause my goddamned cable is now disconnected. That sucks ass. My cousin never told me she was going to discontinue that service before I moved out. Now there is basically nothing to do at home, besides pack my shit up for storage. My cable modem should be up for another day or so. I'll find out today when I get home from work. If that shit is down, I'm just going to shut down all but 2 machines (my checkbook PC and the backup server for it) and pack all my other shit for storage and rock the laptop for the next few months, only dawning the Monster machine for jihad's and things of the like.

My cousin is already moved into her new apartment. I will be rocking it "Whiskey Tango" in my aunt and uncle's driveway home with wheels for a few months, until my boss finds a new house to move into. I don't mind really, cause for entertainment, while I'm in the trailer, Scott said I could leach his DSL via wireless until he ditches it. By then, he'll be moved out to a new house and I'll move into his place. I'll save a shit ton of money over the next few months. I'll have to get a storage unit, but that won't cost all that much as I'll only need a 6'X 6' unit at the most. I will be getting rid of at least 3 of my PC's though. I gotta hit up the gang and see what they feel is a reasonable price for my gear. Most of it is in great condition still and the only reason I'm getting rid of it, is because I haven't used it in 6-9 months and don't feel like moving it over and over and over again. None of the machines are game worthy, but they'll do your standard office apps, play mp3's and movies and whatnot.

I gotta look into getting appliances soon. A stacker washer/dryer and refridgerator are in my future. Those will set me back a few, but then again, I'll be paying about 1/4 of the rent I normally pay for the next 3 months. That leaves a lot to spend on appliances.

Anyhoo, going to RobnKaren's tonight to watch the Monster Garage and CSI Miami. It should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home